Saturday 17 August 2013

I Had A Dream

So I'll let you know that I am a very vivid dreamer.  I remember my dreams pretty much every morning when I wake up.  Some of them are just ho-hum, pretty much all of them take place in houses, yards, public places, etc... from my past.  In the past few years, I've only had 1 dream that took place in the house I'm living in right now.  I have at least 2 tornado dreams every month, I dream in vivid color, and I've had numerous dreams throughout the years where Jesus is coming, and I'm floating up to heaven - the feeling is amazing!!  Because of my dreams, I feel like I know what it feels like to fly in an airplane, even though I've never done it in real life.  Many, many of my dreams involve birds, clouds, and the sky.  I keep a dream journal, and write down the ones that stand out to me.  I thought this morning that I'd like to share one of my dreams with you.  So...here goes.

October 27'th, 2012

I was lying down on a trampoline on a very lovely, shady yard (that felt unfamiliar to me).  A beautiful tree's branches hung above me, and in them perched an amazing little bird.  I remember thinking to myself that this bird was a cross between a woodpecker and a humming bird.  It was brightly colored, with shades of red on it's body, and it had a soft, fluffy white head and a long thin beak.  I sensed that this bird wanted to fly, but it looked afraid, and perched there looking uncertain.

My Dad showed up then, and noticed the bird too.  He began to make pointing and waving motions with his hands, in an attempt to coax this tiny bird to fly.  The bird would take tiny steps forward, then stop and look bewildered.  My Dad kept trying to persuade the bird to fly, motioning that it was supposed to fly around the house, and to the backyard.  But the bird was just too unsure, and wouldn't budge.

All of a sudden, a brilliantly bright red adult bird came swooping through the air toward the baby bird.  He let out a clear, melodious call to the the little bird, and then turned around and headed around the house toward the backyard.  Without a moment's hesitation, the tiny bird leaped off of its' branch and flew excitedly, following the exact path to the backyard that the adult bird had taken.  

This was a very peaceful, encouraging feeling dream for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment