Monday 19 August 2013

Ticked Off On May Long


Thought I'd share some pics from our May long weekend camping trip to Stephenfield.  At this point in time, Jeff & I had been married for less than 2 months, and this was our first big adventure together as our new blended family of 7.

We endured a lot of rain, cold temperatures at night, and yes, the dreaded TICK season was upon us.  Literally.  Up.  On.  Us.  Bryce was so lucky, she got 2!!!  Alyssa had one as well, and as we said farewell to the campground, we thought that was the end of Tick Mania 2013.  But we were wrong.  Dead wrong.  The kids?  Fine.  Tick-free.  The dog?  Fine.  Jeff?  Good.  Cheryl.............not so much.  An ugly little bugger had gotten really cozy right beside my belly button, and Jeff had to yank him out with a tweezer.  I believe a few legs remained embedded in my flesh that had to be pulled out separately.  Yeah.  Good times.  Ahem.

Needless to say, Jeff & I have decided that we will NOT be going camping on May Long any time soon.  I don't ever want to be that ticked off again!





















No comments:

Post a Comment