Monday 21 October 2013

YIKES!!!!!!

Oh my dear goodness, it has been a dog's age (not OUR dog, 'cause she's a puppy) since I have blogged.  Shame.  On.  You.  Cheryl.

I'm probably the queen of excuses, so I should live up to my reputation and give you mine: I have been painting like a crazy person for the past month, getting ready for the craft show I was in this past weekend.  It literally became my obsession.  I would collapse into bed at midnight with light mocha paint streaks covering my hands, close my eyes, and see snowmen.  Hundreds and hundreds of snowmen all lined up in a row, smiling hideously at me with their charcoal grins.  Have you ever seen the movie Julie & Julia?  I felt sort of like Julie, except instead of cooking, painting has rather overtaken my life.  And there's another craft show coming up on November 23'rd...so this is only the beginning!!  It's madness, sheer madness!!!

Okay, maybe it isn't QUITE that dramatic, but I am desperately seeking balance.  I need to learn to relax, set the paint brush down once in a while, and, well, live a little!!!  Not to mention catching up on the laundry that never ceases to pile up with 7 people living in this house.

So anyway, there's my piece.  My 2 cents worth for the day.  I will do my utmost to blog at least twice a week, 'cause I've missed it like crazy.  Have a splendid day everybody!  And lets all remember to live a little!!   :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment