Tuesday 3 September 2013

Blast From The Past

Oh, so I'll let you know that I used to have a different blog.  I have shown it to my husband Jeff, and last night as we were talking he mentioned a post that he liked.  Well, this morning I dug it up out of the archives, and I shall share it with you.  Right........................................................now.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Toilet Paper From Heaven

Man, was that ever STRANGE!! God certainly does work in mysterious ways. He sure saved MY butt!!!

A couple of days ago, I came to realize - at an inopportune time that we were dramatically low on toilet paper. Alyssa was dancing around the room, saying something about hershey-squirts on the horizon, and we had like 9 squares of the good stuff left. I begged her, pleaded that she use as little of the remaining parchment as humanly possible. If she didn't, it would mean succumbing to the dreaded Harmonie Brand table napkins as a substitute. NOT GOOD!!!

As she was doing her thing in the john, I breathed a quick, desperate prayer. Please God, oh pretty please let there be a beautiful, shiny roll hiding in the cupboard that I overlooked the other 9 times I checked.

When she was finished and I surveyed the damage, there remained - you guessed it. Half a square left on the roll!! Definitely not much hope seemed to be in store for the next occupant to the porcelain throne.

Just then, I remembered the prayer. I told Alyssa I'd check the bathroom cabinet one more time, just in case. She said, "Mom, you already checked a thousand times. It's hopeless!!"

Oh ye of little faith.

I slowly inched the door open, and peered inside. Behind the scale and nestled between random old conditioner bottles, I spotted it. The most gloriously wonderful sight I've ever beheld in my life. A full roll of toilet paper. Thank You Lord!!!!!

I know it's no manna, but toilet paper from heaven is still pretty miraculous, don't you think?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment