Thursday 5 September 2013

Low On Sugar & Goin' Nuts!

Why is it that sometimes an idea can seem so awesome, and feel like it's gonna be easy...and then it's not?  I came to the realization this morning that I drink a lot of sugar.  And a lot of artificial sweeteners.  I've recently seen some pretty terrifying posts about aspartame, and it kinda got me thinking...could it really be true?  Could my daily diet Pepsi fix be slowly poisoning me on the inside?  And how about sugar consumption?  I can easily drink 3 tall glasses of Good Host iced tea in one sitting in the summer.  Heck, probably in the winter too!

So anyway, I feel like I'm rambling a bit, and you know what?  That's okay.

*sigh*  This morning, I made up my mind:  For 1 week, that's 7 days, 7 WHOLE days, I will not drink any pop (regular or diet), or iced tea or lemonade or anything else sugary, and not fruit juice either, because they're also loaded with sugar.

The things I WILL be drinking are: water, tea (without sugar of course), home-brewed real iced teas (again, no sugar added) and some milk.  I am aware that milk contains some sugar, but to my knowledge it is naturally occurring sugar, and I don't want to take away the calcium from my diet that milk provides.

How hard can this be, right?  I mean, come on.  It's not like I'm cutting out foods, or depriving myself of something monumental, but shoot!!  I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want, I want a - I want a - I want a fizzy diet Pepsi...zigga-zig-ahhh!!!!  Sorry for that little Spice Girl flashback there, but this is really hard for me right now.  I'm a little bit afraid of what day 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 will be like?  Will I become some grouch that deserves to live in a garbage can, mumbling and grumbling and driving my family nuts?  I certainly hope not!

Oh well, it's after 11:00, and I should get off this crazy inter-web thingy.  Good night world.  Talk to you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment