Monday 23 September 2013

Embrace The Season


Saw this posted on Facebook this morning, and it inspired me.  Fall can be a melancholy time for me, because it's a sign that good ol' Manitoba's frigid winter is on it's way.  However this year, instead of focusing on winter's impending doom, I shall try to embrace every exquisite moment that the fall has to offer.

On this second day of autumn, I am simmering a large pot of chicken soup on the stove.  I'm sitting on the living room floor wearing my cozy kitty slippers, sipping a steaming mug of Earl Grey.  Later, I shall take our dog Charlie for a brisk walk in the chilled breeze and stomp on as many dry leaves as possible, enjoying their wonderful crunching, crackling sounds.  And when the kids are home from school, we will bake some pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip cookies found here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pumpkin-oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookies/.  This is going to be a delicious fall day indeed. 

So....how will you choose to embrace the season?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment