Thursday 12 September 2013

So La Tea Doe

Well, okay.  So much for that "see you tomorrow" talk...

But here I am, one week later, on day 7 with drinking only water, unsweetened teas, and milk.  Let me tell you, I feel GREAT!!  I am never again going to allow any, and I mean ANY aspartame to enter my body.  During the first 4 days of my challenge (and a CHALLENGE it WAS) I definitely experienced some withdrawal symptoms.  I felt hot and cold at the same time, feverish, queasy, and majorly ticked off at pretty much the entire universe.  But there's a plus side to all of this: Jeff is also cutting out aspartame for good, so we got to go through these symptoms TOGETHER!!!  Double joy, double bliss!!!

Now that we're over that crazy hump, we are both feeling sooooo much better.  The improvement I'm noticing the most for myself is that I've not had a headache for a whole week.  That like never happens.  I also feel a lot more energetic.  I will have to ask Jeff this evening what improvements he's noticed, and I'll try to remember to share them with you at some point.

I have been drinking so much tea (unsweetened) this week, that I'm constantly peeing like a racehorse.  I feel a lot less bloated than usual, which is way awesome, because feeling bloated is something I've tried to combat for years and have failed miserably.  I have discovered a new brand of tea that has quickly become my favorite.
Dilmah tea is the most flavorful, aromatic, delicious REAL tea I have ever tried.  I highly recommend it to those of you who love to drink tea.  In Altona you can buy it at both Co-op and IGA.  This tea is grown and packaged in Sri Lanka, and is a pure, single origin tea (there's a pamphlet included in the box that explains what this means).  I am totally sold on this product, and look forward to my steaming mug of Earl Grey or English Breakfast in the morning.

I also love green tea, and bought this yesterday.
I have highly enjoyed the flavors I've tried so far.

So tell me, what is YOUR favorite tea?  :)

1 comment:

  1. I love teas from a local tea shop here in Winnipeg - Cornelia Bean. I have so many favourites. I love to drink Rooibos as I'm a decaffeinated tea drinker.
    Enjoy your tea adventure!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete